This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ALTAR TOMB APPROXIMATELY 22 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST LEODEGARIUS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ALTAR TOMB APPROXIMATELY 22 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST LEODEGARIUS

List entry Number: 1076500

Location

ALTAR TOMB APPROXIMATELY 22 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST LEODEGARIUS, MAIN STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: Daventry

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Ashby St. Ledgers

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 11-Mar-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 360898

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ASHBY ST.LEDGERS MAIN STREET SP5768 (East side) 17/4 Altar tomb approx. 22m. S of Church of St. Leodegarius

GV II

Altar tomb. 1939 by Sir Edwin Lutyens to Ivor Churchill Guest, Lord Wimborne, died 1939. Portland stone with slate top. Deep hollow chamfered base. South and north sides of tomb have central inscription plaque flanked by roundels in moulded frames recording birth and death of Lord Wimborne on the south side, and of Alice his wife on the north. Coat of arms in the cartouche surmounted by coronet on west side and shield of arms with supporters and motto to the east. Cross (q.v.) also forms part of memorial.

Listing NGR: SP5732468167

Selected Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 30 Northamptonshire,

National Grid Reference: SP 57324 68167

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1076500 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-May-2018 at 09:28:29.

End of official listing