This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BONDS HOSPITAL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BONDS HOSPITAL

List entry Number: 1076615

Location

BONDS HOSPITAL, LOWER HILL STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Coventry

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 24-Jun-1974

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Oct-1974

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 218501

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5105 HILL STREET (South Side) ------------ Bonds Hospital SP 3379 SW 4/290

II*

2. Early C16, founded by will of Thomas Bond, died 1506. Much restored 1832-4. Mainly close studdied timber framing, some modern brickwork, ashlar at east end. Gabled tiled roof with carved bargeboards, 1st floor oriel windows over plaster coves. Diamond lattice casement windows. Massive ashlar chimney stacks. West end bay rebuilt 1834. Back wing extended 1816 and 1846-7.

HILL STREET (South Side) ------------ Bonds Hospital shall be amended to read:

LOWER HILL STREET (South Side) ----------------- Bonds Hospital

------------------------------------

1. 5105 HILL STREET (South Side) ------------ Bonds Hospital SP 3379 SW 4/290

II*

2. Early C16, founded by will of Thomas Bond, died 1506. Much restored 1832-4. Mainly close studded timber framing, some modern brickwork, ashlar at east end. Gabled tiled roof with carved bargeboards, 1st floor oriel windows over plaster coves. Diamond lattice casement windows. Massive ashlar chimney stacks. West end bay rebuilt 1834. Back wing extended 18l6 and 1846-7.

Listing NGR: SP3302379131

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 33023 79131

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1076615 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-May-2018 at 05:15:52.

End of official listing