THE MOAT HOUSE THE MOAT HOUSE AND BARN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1076627

Date first listed: 05-Feb-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Jun-1974

Statutory Address: THE MOAT HOUSE AND BARN, 2, MOAT HOUSE LANE

Statutory Address: THE MOAT HOUSE, 1, MOAT HOUSE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MOAT HOUSE
THE MOAT HOUSE AND BARN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1076627 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 03:07:49.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MOAT HOUSE AND BARN, 2, MOAT HOUSE LANE

Statutory Address: THE MOAT HOUSE, 1, MOAT HOUSE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Coventry (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SP 30435 77216

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5105 MOAT HOUSE LANE CANLEY --------------- No 1 (The Moat House), No 2 (The Moat House) and Barn to No 2. (Formerly listed as The Moat House) SP 37 NW 17/327 5.2.55.

II

2. C16 timber framed house divided into 2 cottages. Red brick casing and partial rebuilding in early C19. 2 storeys, 2 ledged doors, simple early C19 casement windows. No 1 has plaque of 1940 commemorating birth here, 27.5.1815 of Sir Henry Parkes (1815-96) Prime Minister of New South Wales. 2nd plaque, 1950, commemorates gift of 4 bricks from the cottage, 2 to Melbourne Museum, 2 to New Coventry, New South Wales.

Listing NGR: SP3043577216

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 218537

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing