CHESTER HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1076702

Date first listed: 05-Dec-1949

Date of most recent amendment: 22-Jul-1976

Statutory Address: CHESTER HOUSE, 1667 AND 1669, WARWICK ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHESTER HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1076702 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 12:09:47.

Location

Statutory Address: CHESTER HOUSE, 1667 AND 1669, WARWICK ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Solihull (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SP 18129 76854

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SOLIHULL KNOWLE 1. 5108 (High Street) WARWICK ROAD (North-East Side) Nos 1667 & 1669 (Chester House) (Formerly listed under Warwick Road, Knowle) SP 1876 20/41 5.12.49. II*

2. Carefully restored timber framed house. 3 parts: north wing once a separate hall house, built circa 1500, south wing another separate house of 2 storeys circa 1400; central hall belonging to south house rebuilt circa 1600 when both houses combined into single dwelling. Tiled roof with gable either end. 2 storeys, 1st floor (with central moulded beam) oversailing. 3 and 4 light casement windows with wood mullions. Rebuilt chimneystack, stone below, red brick above, circa 1600 with 4 diagonally set shafts. Extensive back wings.

Listing NGR: SP1813176857

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 218322

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing