OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1077276

Date first listed: 09-Jul-1951

Statutory Address: OLD RECTORY

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077276 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 22:21:22.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD RECTORY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: Breckland (District Authority)

Parish: South Acre

National Grid Reference: TF 81048 14391

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 81 SW SOUTH ACRE

4/38 Old Rectory 9.7.51

GV II

Former rectory. Late C18 and later. Brick, re-used limestone ashlar, knapped flint and gault brick. Flat roof to front block, pantiles to rear. 2 storeyed front block. 3-bay symmetrical facade with 2 full height bays, segmental in plan, with tripartite sash windows with glazing bars beneath rendered skewback arches. Centre bay with a 2-leaf panelled front door beneath a traceried semicircular fanlight and within a doorcase consisting of a pair engaged reeded Roman Doric columns supporting a renewed broken pediment. Single sash window with glazing bars at first floor beneath a rendered skewback arch. Parapet with stone coping. East facade. Later canted bay to side of front block with 6 sash windows with glazing bars (one blind) beneath gault brick skewback arches. Middle bay consists of gable- end of rear block which has a datestone (1841) at base of gable. The fabric is of galletted flint with re-used ashlar and gault brick dressings. 3 storeys and 2 bays of sash windows with glazing bars beneath skewback arches. Gable with tumbling-in. Lower additions to north with a 2-storey canted bay and sash windows with glazing bars. West facade has sash windows with glazing bars, a pedimented doorcase on pilasters and outbuildings projecting westwards forming a courtyard. Interior. Original swept staircase with square sectioned balasters open string and mahogany handrail.

Listing NGR: TF8104814391

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 220941

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing