This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

List entry Number: 1077329

Location

CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: Breckland

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Hoe

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 30-May-1960

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 220767

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 91 NE HOE

3/20 Church of St.Andrew 30/5/60

GV II*

Parish church. Nave 1794 (datestone on south wall); chancel 1820 (datestone with initials C.H.W. on south wall); tower C13. Flint with ashlar and some brick dressings. Much re-used ashlar in nave. Pantile and slate roofs. Truncated west tower; aisleless nave with north and south porches; chancel. Lowest stage only survives of unbuttressed west tower. Cusped 2-light restored west window with a small blocked lancet below. Hipped roof below level of nave roof. Nave with 6 2-light windows with shallow heads and cusping, probably late-medieval re-used. Eaves with brick 3-header corbel table. Chancel of same width as nave with a 4-light Y-traceried east window. Interior. C15 tower-arch on semicircular responds. Wall tablet on gadrooned mount with painted arms to Roger Lestrange (died 1706). C14 octagonal font with quatrefoils on stem and bowl panels with flowers set in tracery. Group value with Hoe Hall.

Listing NGR: TF9975616421

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 99756 16421

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077329 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-May-2018 at 04:28:55.

End of official listing