CHURCH OF ST BOTOLPH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1077585
Date first listed:
21-Jul-1958
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST BOTOLPH

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST BOTOLPH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077585.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Feb-2020 at 01:03:57.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST BOTOLPH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Breckland (District Authority)
Parish:
Stow Bedon
National Grid Reference:
TL 96146 95574

Details

TL 99 NE STOW BEDON

4/79 Church of St. Botolph 21/7/58 - II*

Parish church. C12 origin, remodelled C14, C15 and C19. Flint with ashlar quoins and slate roofs. Nave and chancel only. Gabled west porch of 1887 protects early C14 inner arch of wave below hood on beak stops. 3-light west window C19 in Perpendicular style. West coped parapet on kneelers. Hexagonal bell cote with short spire supported on buttress dropping to figure corbel. 2 3-light C15 panel windows to nave south. No buttresses. Vestry outshut against chancel. 3-light C14 stem-and-leaf east window below hood mould on head stops. 2 lancets to chancel north. 2 2-light mouchette windows to north nave, That to west original. Interior, Piscina in chancel round arched on corbel decorated with 3 dog teeth. East window rere arch of dying mouldings. Rere arch to one north lancet, splay to other. Roofs boxed over. Pews 1853 and other fittings C19.

Listing NGR: TL9614695574

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
220241
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Apr 2004
Reference: IOE01/11948/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Tree. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].