WAR MEMORIAL CIRCA 150 METRES NORTH NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MAGDELENE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1077587

Date first listed: 02-Sep-1988

Statutory Address: WAR MEMORIAL CIRCA 150 METRES NORTH NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MAGDELENE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WAR MEMORIAL CIRCA 150 METRES NORTH NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MAGDELENE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077587 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 20:36:32.

Location

Statutory Address: WAR MEMORIAL CIRCA 150 METRES NORTH NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MAGDELENE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Sandringham

National Grid Reference: TF 69062 28728

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SANDRINGHAM SANDRINGHAM TF 62 NE 2/49 War memorial cl50m NNW of Church of St. Mary Magdelene q.v. 2/47 II War memorial 1919. Limestone and carstone; cross with octagonal base. 4 octagonal steps of shell carstone capped with stone, octagonal block surmounted by low strawberry leaf parapet, the eight sides with blank arches, seven inscribed with names of Sandringham dead of 1914-18 war, the eighth with Royal arms in Portland stone and names of 1939-45 war dead. Tapering shaft above with cross having decorative rays and flames at end of arms. The top step records that the cross was "... erected by King George V and Queen Mary to honour the dead of the Officers and men of the Sandringham Company 5th Battalion Norfolk Regiment and those on the estate who fell in the Great War ...".

Listing NGR: TF6906228728

This List entry has been amended to add sources for War Memorials Online and the War Memorials Register. These sources were not used in the compilation of this List entry but are added here as a guide for further reading, 20 January 2017.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 222156

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Websites
War Memorials Online, accessed 20 January 2017 from https://www.warmemorialsonline.org.uk/memorial/104321
War Memorials Register, accessed 20 January 2017 from http://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/19719

End of official listing