The Priory

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1077614

Date first listed: 15-Aug-1960

Statutory Address: The Priory, Nursery Lane, North Wootton, PE30 3QB

Map

Ordnance survey map of The Priory
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077614 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 00:27:02.

Location

Statutory Address: The Priory, Nursery Lane, North Wootton, PE30 3QB

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: North Wootton

National Grid Reference: TF 63959 24225

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 20/08/2018

TF 62 SW 5/43

NORTH WOOTTON NURSERY LANE The Priory

(Formerly listed as The Priory sometimes known as Church Farmhouse) 15.8.60

II House, late C16 and later, dated 1718. Shell carstone with brick dressings, pantiles, gable parapets. Double range of three bays and two storeys, front range with attics.

Earlier front range of three cells: axial stack between second and third bays with two lozenge shafts; central doorway with semi-circular headed door, formerly double leaved, part glazed with large pintle hinges of C18, carved spandrels; moulded doorcase, flat canopy supported by large scroll brackets and pair of wooden columns, wrought iron balustrade to canopy with some scrolls and twisted bars, wrought iron ramped returns acting as tie irons to facade wall through wooden pilaster strips. Part glazed door with glazing bars opening from first floor to canopy balcony, stone plaque above inscribed D/1718/A E

Flush sashes with glazing bars and four by four panes to ground floor left, large tripartite sash with glazing bars to right, both under flat arches; flush sashes to first floor, two to first bay, one to third bay; three roof dormers. Left return of two gables, that to front raised, each with internal stack and single storey addition with hipped pantile roof. Right return of two gables each with barge boards:C19 fully glazed canted bay window to ground floor of front range; blocked doorway to right and tall two-light casement to rear range. Rear: later C19 range of four bays, axial stack with two lozenge shafts as to front range between first and second bays; single storey single bay gabled extension between bays one and two having low circular window to left.

Interior: front range, ovolo moulded principal beams to ground floor left room, close ceiling joists with jewel stopped chamfers; principal staircase to central cell, pine open well closed string construction with turned balusters, ramped to landing balustrade; staircase to attic floor between left and central cell; roof of butt purlin construction with ridge piece, principal rafters of pine, purlins of oak. Rear range with through passage alongside front range.

The Priory of Wymondham,Norfolk, held land at North Wootton.

Listing NGR: TF6395924225

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 222153

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing