THE MILL WITH ATTACHED GRANARY AND BAKEHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1077636

Date first listed: 19-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Jun-1988

Statutory Address: THE MILL WITH ATTACHED GRANARY AND BAKEHOUSE, LITCHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MILL WITH ATTACHED GRANARY AND BAKEHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077636 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 22:06:28.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MILL WITH ATTACHED GRANARY AND BAKEHOUSE, LITCHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Gayton

National Grid Reference: TF 73233 19276

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GAYTON LITCHAM ROAD TF 71 NW The Mill with attached 6/23 granary and bakehouse 19-10-51 (formerly listed as Gayton Mill including mill house) GV II

Windmill, tarred brick. 7 storeyed tower; cap, sails and second storey platform lost. Flush openings with glazing bars. Two storeyed attached Granary to east rebuilt; ground floor of brick with 2 timber uprights, first floor of white painted weatherboarding, pantile roof; ground floor with central door and two windows to right, first floor with horizontal sliding sash to left with glazing bars, doorway to right with lucum above. Attached Bakehouse to forward right dated 1867, colourwashed brick with hipped slate roof, 4 bays, 2 storeys. Late C20 top hinged casements with glazing bars replacing sashes, 3 to ground floor, 2 each to first floor and first floor return. Door to right with datestone above. In angle of tower and Bakehouse an overhanging weatherboarded loading bay with double leaved door across angle.

Listing NGR: TF7323319276

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 221955

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing