REMAINS OF RANGE 5 METRES SOUTH OF BARN 100 METRES SOUTH WEST OF ABBEY FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1077662

Date first listed: 19-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 13-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: REMAINS OF RANGE 5 METRES SOUTH OF BARN 100 METRES SOUTH WEST OF ABBEY FARMHOUSE, CHURCH GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of REMAINS OF RANGE 5 METRES SOUTH OF BARN 100 METRES SOUTH WEST OF ABBEY FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077662 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 15:33:31.

Location

Statutory Address: REMAINS OF RANGE 5 METRES SOUTH OF BARN 100 METRES SOUTH WEST OF ABBEY FARMHOUSE, CHURCH GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: West Acre

National Grid Reference: TF 78042 15010

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WEST ACRE CHURCH GREEN (south side) TF 7815 10/51 Remains of range 5 19.10.51. metres south of barn 100 metres south-west of Abbey Farmhouse. (Formerly listed as Priory Gatehouse and remains in Abbey Farm buildings.)

G.V. II

Remains of domestic or farm building. Medieval. Flint. Half gable at north, full gable at south. Perhaps part of former west or farm court of Priory of St. Mary and All Saints. Scheduled Ancient Monument, County Number 170. See F.H. Fairweather and H.L. Bradfer-Lawrence 'The Priory ... West Acre' Norfolk Archaeology XXIII, 1929,pp.359-394 (ref.p.380).

Listing NGR: TF7804215010

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 221919

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Norfolk Archaeology' in Norfolk Archaeology, , Vol. 23, (1929), 359 394

End of official listing