THE OLD CHEMISTS SHOP

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1077737

Date first listed: 11-Dec-1985

Statutory Address: THE OLD CHEMISTS SHOP, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD CHEMISTS SHOP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077737 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 14:56:22.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD CHEMISTS SHOP, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Stoke Ferry

National Grid Reference: TL 70499 99900

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 7099 STOKE FERRY HIGH STREET (south side)

14/37 The Old Chemists Shop

G.V. II

Shop dated 1824 and late C18 domestic range in L shaped plan. Flint with gault brick dressings and pantiled roofs. 2 storeys. 3 bay facade to road. Shop windows on ground floor flank door opening with semi-circular brick arch. 2 first floor sash windows with glazing bars and central blank window. Brick corbelled eaves, gabled roof, parapet gables with tumbling and end stacks. West gable with projecting chimney breast carries date stone. One sash window each floor. Late C18 2 storey south range in 3 bays. 2 casements to ground floor with glazing bars and segmental brick arches. 3 sash windows to first floor with glazing bars. Central wall monument to Roger Micklefield, died 1809. Brick corbel eaves below gabled roof. Ridge stack left of centre and south end stack. Included for group value only.

Listing NGR: TL7049999900

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 221692

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing