CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1077742

Date first listed: 08-Jul-1959

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, THE HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077742 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 04:53:33.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, THE HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Stoke Ferry

National Grid Reference: TL 70461 99898

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 7099 STOKE FERRY THE HILL (south side) 14/44 Church of All Saints 8.7.59

G.V. II

Parish church. Originally C15, tower fell 1578, nave rebuilt C18, nave and chancel entirely rebuilt by W.J. Donthorn 1848. Ashlar, clunch and flint with slate roofs. Stepped angle buttresses to west wall. Central portico porch. Single bellcote at apex of western gable. 3 2-light south nave windows between stepped buttresses : cusped lights below flamboyant tracery head. Moulded jambs and hood on head stops. North nave with 4 similar windows and parapet. Gabled nave roof. Large gabled vestry obscures much of south chancel and is entred through arched doorway in west wall. 3 irregularly spaced lancets punctuate south gable wall. One 2-light chancel south window as nave. Angle buttresses to chancel. 4-light east window by W.F. Cullyer of Norwich with Geometric lay-out and flamboyant tracery details. Moulded jambs and hood. 2 2-light north chancel, windows as before. Interior. All of C19 re- construction. Octagonal font with tracery in style of fenestration. Open timber roofs, adorned with shields.

Listing NGR: TL7046199898

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 221699

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing