CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1077802
Date first listed:
05-Jun-1953
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077802.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Feb-2020 at 22:19:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Bagthorpe with Barmer
National Grid Reference:
TF 80914 33624

Details

TF 83 SW BAGTHORPE WITH BARMER BARMER, SYDERSTONE 8/5 Church of All Saints, 5.6.53. Barmer. - II* Parish church, now redundant. C12 round-tower and nave fabric, C13, C15 details, restoration 1885-6 by Frederick Preedy architect. Flint with stone dressings, slate roofs, partly fishscale pattern. West round tower, 3 bay nave and north aisle, 2 bay chancel. West round tower with 3 rectangular lancet openings. Nave flint rubble quoins to west and south-east gables suggest pre-1200 date. 2 nave south lancets. Early English south door with C19 cast iron 4 panel door with Gothick arches and cast iron tympanum with coat of arms and motto 'Ad finem fidelis' of Kerridge family. 3 bay north aisle largely of 1885-6, with C14 2-light tracery east and west windows, 3 north windows. Chancel 1885-6, Early English details. Interior: tower arch has pre-1200 stone quoin piers, c.1300 Gothic arch. C15 stone door or window opening, to left of tower arch perhaps a banner stave locker. Chancel arch pre-1200 stone quoins, imposts with dogtooth mouldings, c.1300 single hollow chamfered Gothic arch. 2 south windows with deep internal splays. Chancel south side re- positioned free standing former stone window with mullions and base. C14 north arcade with octagonal bases, columns and capitals, double hollow chamfered arches. Font and chancel furniture of c.1885-1886. Restored by Rev. E.K. Kerslake, patron.

Listing NGR: TF8091433624

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
221536
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 May 2002
Reference: IOE01/06928/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Giles. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].