STABLE BLOCK 10 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF BARWICK HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1077804

Date first listed: 18-Apr-1985

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK 10 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF BARWICK HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK 10 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF BARWICK HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077804 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 19:14:32.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK 10 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF BARWICK HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Barwick

National Grid Reference: TF 80420 35911

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 83 NW BARWICK LITTLE BARWICK 4/9 Stable block 10 metres to north-east of Barwick House. G.V. II Stable block. 1742. English bond, red brick with black brick stretchers and smut pantiled roof. 2 storeys, 6 bays. 2 bay centre, single outer bays and 2 broken forward cart entrance bays with semi-dormer gables. Centre has 4 ground floor sashes with glazing bars under cambered brick arches, 2 boarded doors under segmental rubbed brick arches. 2 first floor boarded loft window openings. Entrance gable bays have ground floor segmental rubbed brick arches with keystones to cart entrances, partly filled in with brick. Boarded doors with rectangular over door lights. 2 brick string courses above arch. Eaves level semi-dormers have single central l'oeil de boeuf windows with round arch surrounds with 4 keystones. Shaped gable above has 2 stone roundels with pedestals, brick coped parapet forming pediment at apex. Outer bays have single ground floor boarded doors. Facade articulated by raised brick end quoins at corners, brick plinth and 3 course moulded brick eaves cornice. South gable has first floor brick blank arch with lower casement and upper brick in-fill, semi-circular arch with brick imposts and keystone. Stone date plaque above in arched niche with "RG 1742" for Robert Glover. Tumbled gable parapet. North gable has similar arch with boarded loft door. Rear has 3 ground floor openings, 8 first floor openings: 6 honeycomb openings, one loft door and one window. Built by Robert Glover, also responsible for Barwick House (q.v.), Carriage block (q.v.) and Ivy farm barn, Stanhoe (q.v.).

Listing NGR: TF8042035911

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 221540

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing