CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1077805

Date first listed: 05-Jun-1953

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077805 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 00:35:35.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Bircham

National Grid Reference: TF 76950 33856

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 73 SE BIRCHAM BIRCHAM NEWTON 7/11 Church of All Saints. 5.6.53. - II* Parish Church. C13, perhaps of 2 builds incorporating earlier church. Flint with stone dressings, pantiled nave and slated chancel roofs. West tower, 2 bay nave, 2 bay chancel. Unbuttressed tower, 4 stages. 2 paired ground floor west lancets, single middle stage lancet, 4 bell stage lancets, battlemented parapet. South nave door c.1300. 2 paired lancets, internally with single embrasure. Straight joint suggests 2 builds to nave. Nave north with c.1300 door opening only. Chancel has later C13 details : 2 'Y' tracery south windows and 3 light intersected tracery east window. Blank north face, with C19 vestry addition. Interior: Norman rectangular font with tapering sides. Box pews, with poppyheads with pricket candle-holders, signed on north side "P. Jarrett Church Warden 1858". Contemporary 2 decker pulpit. Chancel arch perhaps Norman, round arch with simple imposts. Arms of George III. Early English piscina with cusped trefoil headed arch. C14 stone coffin lid effigy of priest, with heart in hands, nodding ogee arch with sun and crescent moon with face of a child in tympanum.

Listing NGR: TF7695033856

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 221542

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing