DOCKING HALL INCLUDING SERVICE COURT ATTACHED TO EAST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1077812

Date first listed: 18-Apr-1985

Statutory Address: DOCKING HALL INCLUDING SERVICE COURT ATTACHED TO EAST, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of DOCKING HALL INCLUDING SERVICE COURT ATTACHED TO EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077812 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 06:13:04.

Location

Statutory Address: DOCKING HALL INCLUDING SERVICE COURT ATTACHED TO EAST, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Docking

National Grid Reference: TF 76721 36837

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 7636 DOCKING HIGH STREET (south) 11/27 Docking Hall including service court attached to east.

II

Country house. Early C17, perhaps 1612 for John Hare, purchased from Earl of Sussex 1597. High Victorian details and south additions 1858, by Ewan Christian, architect, a connection of the Hare family. Red brick north front, flint with brick dressed west return and south additions, slate roofs. 2 storeys with attics. 'E' plan, early C17 north range has central single bay porch 2 bay wings, single bay cross wings, all gabled. Cross wings have one ground floor 4-light, and one first floor 3-light casement cross window, one attic 3-light casement. Central 2 storey porch has ground floor polychrome brick and tile arches, one first floor casement cross window. Gable has coat of arms, kneelers and parapet with stone pedestal with kneeling heraldic beast and metal finials. Flanking gabled bays have 2 ground and 2 first floor case- ment cross windows, one attic 2-light window. All windows C19 plate glass. South return has flint external stack and south gable of 'E' plan. 5 bay south front 1858, flint with brick banding and dressings. Prominent sets of stacks: 3 on west and 4 on east gables of 'E' plan block, 3 and 2 in valley of south addition, 2, 3 and 5 on south gables, all 1858 brick octagonal shafts with moulded bases and caps. Attached at east flint, brick and fishscale slate roofed 3 bay service wing. 3 first floor semi-dormer gable casement cross window, 2 2-shaft brick stacks. Service court attached at rear has at east flint and brick Gothic arch carriage gate with prominent corbelled out brick cornice. At north gable wash house with 2-shaft ridge stacks.

Listing NGR: TF7672136837

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 221558

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing