GATEHOUSE 20 METRES NORTH OF DENVER HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1077847
Date first listed:
09-Nov-1984
Statutory Address:
GATEHOUSE 20 METRES NORTH OF DENVER HALL, ELY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GATEHOUSE 20 METRES NORTH OF DENVER HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077847 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 15:57:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
GATEHOUSE 20 METRES NORTH OF DENVER HALL, ELY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Denver
National Grid Reference:
TF6157801582

Details

TF 6101 DENVER ELY ROAD

9/4 Gatehouse 20m north of Denver Hall

G.V. II*

Gatehouse. 1570. Brick with plain tiled gable roof. 2 storeys on square plan with diagonal buttresses except south-west corner which has engaged triangular buttress. Pedestrian access from north through 4-centred depressed chamfered arch under square hood on labels. Above is incised coat of arms on ashlar framed by square brick surround with zig-zag decoration. Right and left one annulated terracotta column. 2-light mullion window to first floor with hollow jambs under square hood on labels. Terracotta date plaque in gable head : 1570. South front similar but with square pedestrian opening and 3 terracotta diamond studs in gable head. To west side a stone staircase leads to first floor. Roof renewed.

Listing NGR: TF6157801582

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
221450
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/04959/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Giles. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].