CHURCH HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1077942

Date first listed: 20-Sep-1984

Statutory Address: CHURCH HOUSE, HUNSTANTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077942 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 11:11:26.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH HOUSE, HUNSTANTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Heacham

National Grid Reference: TF 68088 37919

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 6837 HEACHAM HUNSTANTON ROAD (east) 9/7 Church House.

G.V. II

House. Early to mid C17. Formerly a barn, reused as Rectory House with Gothic detail 1857. Carstone, brick dressings, late C20 concrete pantiled roof. 2 storey lobby-entrance plan. Central 2-storey gabled porch. Ground-floor brick, carstone above. C20 door inserted in original arched opening, C20 first floor window, C19 barge boards to gable. To north 2 C20 3-light casements inserted in c.1800 brick dressed openings. To south at ground floor a gabled rectangular brick bay with C20 casement and C19 barge boards. Blocked first-floor C17 brick dressed window openings. South gable with distinctive arrangement of glazed bow windows to two floors and gable, C.1900. Semi-octagonal brick angle piers continued at south west with wall, arched gate and further angle pier. North gable first-floor and attic windows with brick dressings, gable with purlin irons and brick lozenge pattern. See A. E. Gunther A Guide to Heacham: Its History and Architecture (1963).

Listing NGR: TF6808837919

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 221187

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Gunther, A E , A Guide to Heacham Its History and Architecture, (1963)

End of official listing