This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FLINT COTTAGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FLINT COTTAGE

List entry Number: 1077993

Location

FLINT COTTAGE, CAUTHELY LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: East Hertfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Great Amwell

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 355816

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT AMWELL CAUTHERLY LANE (OFF) TL 3712 (east side) Great Amwell Village 12/19 Flint Cottage

GV II House. Early C19: probably by W C Mylne (1781-1863) who subsequently built Flint House 1842-4. Buff brick with tiled gabled roof. A small Gothic house one and a half storeys, 2 windows long. E gable has cusped chamfered bargeboards, central gabled canopy to door on shaped brackets with ogee pierced bargeboards. Heavy chamfered rectangular frame to framed and boarded door. Timber cross window over with leaded lattice and moulded stucco label. 2 3-light timber mullioned windows with wooden casements with flat arch and moulded stucco label. Small 2-light casement windows inserted under eaves. Narrow short section at W with similar bargeboard and ogee hooded porch and similar door on N side. Part of a group with Flint House and The Observatory. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: TL3711912394

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 37119 12394

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077993 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Feb-2018 at 08:21:04.

End of official listing