This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST PETER

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST PETER

List entry Number: 1078169

Location

CHURCH OF ST PETER

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: County of Herefordshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Llancillo

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 26-Jan-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 355327

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 32 NE LLANCILLO CP -

7/18 Church of St Peter

26.1.67

GV II*

Parish church. C11 or C12 chancel, C13 alterations, C17 south porch and further alterations to window on north wall, extensively restored in 1895. Sandstone rubble with part tufa dressings, C20 Welsh slate roof. Nave with south porch and chancel. Nave, raised verges with west bell cote, 2-light C19 window with square head to left and similar 3-light window to right of gabled C17 south porch with 4-centred arched head and chamfered jambs, similar inner doorway, chancel with wooden moulded segmental headed doorway, 2-light window to right. Norman east window with semi-circular headed light, similar window to north wall of chancel. Interior: panelled pulpit dated 1632, panelled C17 choir stalls, C13 font with octagonal bowl and stem. Primitive "dug-out" wooden chest against south wall of chancel. (BoE p 237)

Listing NGR: SO3662025567

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Herefordshire, (1963), 237

National Grid Reference: SO 36620 25567

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1078169 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Feb-2018 at 06:34:45.

End of official listing