Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1078354

Date first listed: 14-May-1974



Ordnance survey map of BEECHWOOD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1078354 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jan-2019 at 21:17:59.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 27873 87497


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



TQ2787SE FITZROY PARK 798-1/4/442 (West side) 14/05/74 Beechwood


Detached house. 1840. By George Basevi for his brother. Later additions and alterations, only front elevation remains untouched. Formerly 2 separate residences. Stucco with slated roofs. 2 storeys and basements linked by 1-window, 2 storey staircase extension. Right hand range: double frontage with 5 windows; centre 1st floor window flanked by half lights. Bowed portico with cornice and doorway flanked by windows. Architraved doorway with cornice, pulvinated frieze and panelled door. Plain stucco ground floor sill band. Recessed sash windows with glazing bars and ground floor hoods. Projecting eaves cornice. Left hand range: 6 windows. Asymmetrically placed, round-arched, architraved doorway with patterned fanlight and panelled door. Recessed sash windows with glazing bars. Projecting eaves. To the left of this range, c1977, a slate roofed loggia. Link: with cornice carried round from right hand range. Round-arched 1st floor window to stair. INTERIOR: not inspected. HISTORICAL NOTE: Beechwood was built on the site of Fitzroy House, c1770, belonging to Lord Southampton, demolished 1828.

Listing NGR: TQ2787387497


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 477287

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing