SCHOOL HOUSE STAUNTON CHURCH HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1078504

Date first listed: 06-Dec-1976

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: SCHOOL HOUSE, LEDBURY ROAD

Statutory Address: STAUNTON CHURCH HALL, LEDBURY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SCHOOL HOUSE
STAUNTON CHURCH HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1078504 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 18:00:47.

Location

Statutory Address: SCHOOL HOUSE, LEDBURY ROAD

Statutory Address: STAUNTON CHURCH HALL, LEDBURY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Forest of Dean (District Authority)

Parish: Staunton

National Grid Reference: SO 78555 29397

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STAUNTON LEDBURY ROAD SO 7829-7929 (north side)

13/195 School House and Staunton Church Hall (formerly listed as Former 6.12.76 Staunton Church of England Primary School and School House)

GV II

Former school and schoolmaster's house, now church hall and house. 1862 by G.R. Clarke. Squared, coursed, stone, ashlar dressings; tiled roof, 2 bands of fish-scale tiles to school room. Three- bay, single-storey schoolroom, rear wing; 2-bay, 2-storey cross wing. Cross-wing gable on right: plinth, 3-light mullioned window, stopped chamfers to vertical arrisses, stone lintel, relieving arch over. To left boarded door up one stone step, fanlight over, pointed head in stone lintel. First floor two 2- light windows as below: trefoil vent in gable, parapet gable with projecting kneelers and roll apex. Rendered chimney on right return, stone chimney on ridge at rear, and on left return, on ridge of schoolroom, last 2 with moulded stone caps. Schoolroom slightly set back to left. Three 2-light plate tracery windows, hoodmould, foliage stops, rising into dormers with parapet gables, roll on ridge. To left gable wall brought forwards as buttress: parapet gable with roll on apex. Open timber bellcote on ridge, curved braces to plate: steep, square slated spire with iron weathervane. Left return 3-light plate tracery window, hoodmould, head stops: trefoil vent over. Boarded door on left in leanto to rear, roof pitch flattened above. Forms group with Chartist cottages opposite (q.v.). (Drawings at C.R.O., D2186/146; Kelly's Worcestershire Directory, 1884.)

Listing NGR: SO7855529397

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 126014

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Kelly's Directory' in Kelly's Directory, (1884)

End of official listing