This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH MONUMENT, IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 3 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH WEST CORNER OF NAVE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH MONUMENT, IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 3 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH WEST CORNER OF NAVE

List entry Number: 1078583

Location

CHURCH MONUMENT, IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 3 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH WEST CORNER OF NAVE, HUNTLEY LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Forest of Dean

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Tibberton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 125790

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 72 SE TIBBERTON HUNTLEY LANE (west side)

8/254 Church monument, in the churchyard, about 3m south of south-west corner of nave, Church of Holy Trinity

GV II

Chest tomb; 1754 by Giles Samson of Westbury. Stone. Flat lid, moulded edge: south side worked margin. Scrolled ends, returns leaf carving and inverted gadrooning. West end 2 angels carrying large crown, under draped curtains, flowers hanging down from outer hands: below mason's name. East end Father Time with hour glass and scythe; moulded base. Commemorates William Church Senior, died 1754, Junior died 1755, long 's' in inscription, good lettering. Later inscriptions to 1858, last on lid. (D. Verey, Gloucestershire, The Vale and the Forest of Dean, 1970.)

Listing NGR: SO7568521875

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Verey, D , The Buildings of England: Gloucestershire 2 The Vale and The Forest of Dean, (1970)

National Grid Reference: SO 75685 21875

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1078583 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 09:19:02.

End of official listing