THE LITTLE COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1078792
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
05-Feb-1987
Statutory Address:
THE LITTLE COTTAGE, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE LITTLE COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1078792 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 22:06:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE LITTLE COTTAGE, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Bibury
National Grid Reference:
SP 11121 06696

Details

BIBURY THE GREEN, Arlington SP 1006-1106 (west side) 11/96 The Little Cottage (previously listed as Cottage NE of Post Office and occupied by Mrs. H. Jerome) 23.1.52 GV II House with attached former outbuildings. Early-mid C17. Random and coursed rubble limestone; ashlar chimneys; stone slate roof. Single-storey with attic; attached outbuilding at west end. Front: 3 full gables, 3-window fenestration; 3-light to ground floor; 2-light in each gable with 3 rows of pigeon holes and perches in gable apex, stone finial to central gable. All are recessed chamfered mullioned casements with hoodmoulds. Doorway set between central and right gable has chamfered opening, glazed door and gabled timber porch. Two ridge-mounted chimneys with plain caps, one to parapet gabled east end having off-centre recessed cavetto mullioned casements, 2-light to ground floor, single-light to attic. Altered outbuilding has flat-roofed addition behind front screen wall with coped top. Rear: 2 gables, left with 2-light recessed cavetto casement, right with chimney. Interior: some panelled partitions. Fine Tudor arched stone fireplace in room at east end.

Listing NGR: SP1112406704

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
127342
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Mar 2004
Reference: IOE01/11999/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].