PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1078819

Date first listed: 18-Jul-1949

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Apr-1983

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, HADLEY GREEN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1078819 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 23:28:11.

Location

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, HADLEY GREEN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Barnet (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 25016 97411

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5004 HADLEY GREEN ROAD Monken Hadley

Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin [Formerly listed as Parish Church of Monken Hadley (St Mary the Virgin)] TQ 2597 9/22 18.7.49

II*

2. Dated circa 1494 on west tower. Flint and ironstone with many C19 additions. Heavy handed restoration circa 1848-50 by G E Street his first church restoration. The interior is mainly C19. Four bay nave with hammerbeam roof. Very rare C18 copper beacon on tower. Stained glass by Warrington 1846. Small brasses and monument to Sir Roger Wilbraham by Nicholas Stone 1616. The churchyard contains contemporary tombs including those of W M Thackeray, Ms Hester Chapone and John Monro MD.

Listing NGR: TQ2501697411

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 198913

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing