This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

OFFICE OF THE SAXONIA ELECTRICAL WIRE COMPANY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: OFFICE OF THE SAXONIA ELECTRICAL WIRE COMPANY

List entry Number: 1078921

Location

OFFICE OF THE SAXONIA ELECTRICAL WIRE COMPANY, ROAN STREET SE10

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Greenwich

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 08-Jun-1973

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 200509

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 4412 ROAN STREET SE10 Office of The Saxonia Electrical Wire Co TQ 3877 26/377

II



2. Formerly the Roan School. 1808 building of 2 storeys and attic, 3 windows. Mansard hoof of large slates with 3 flat dormers. Yellow stock brick with parapet. Gauged flat brick arches to sash windows with glazing bars. Similar arch to modern double door (wider than original) in round arched recess. 1-storey, 3-bay right extension, also of yellow stock brick, has low pitched hipped slate roof. Modern doors and windows inserted. Plaque over small door at right "Erected AD 1808 Grey Coat School Founded 1677 MR JOHN ROAN By his will dated 16th March 1643 Devised certain estates the rents whereof were directed to be applied to the education and clothing of poor townsborn children of the parish of Greenwich. This tablet was set in 1835." The tablet also includes names of Vicar and churchwardens.

Listing NGR: TQ3816577578

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 38165 77578

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1078921 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 08:38:55.

End of official listing