ALL HALLOWS VICARAGE THE PRIORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1079263
Date first listed:
22-Jul-1949
Statutory Address:
ALL HALLOWS VICARAGE, CHURCH LANE N17
Statutory Address:
THE PRIORY, CHURCH LANE N17

Map

Ordnance survey map of ALL HALLOWS VICARAGE
THE PRIORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1079263 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 00:57:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
ALL HALLOWS VICARAGE, CHURCH LANE N17
Statutory Address:
THE PRIORY, CHURCH LANE N17

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Haringey (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 33308 90796

Details

1. 4415 CHURCH LANE N17 (West Side) Tottenham --------------- The Priory (Now All Hallows Vicarage) TQ 3390 17/35 22.7.49.

II*

2. Early Georgian front to a house built in 1620 for Joseph Fenton, a barber-surgeon of London. Modern skin to north wing whose shape suggests a still earlier date. Main range of 2 storeys, 5 windows. Projecting gabled north wing. High pitched, tiled roofs, 1 modern dormer. Plum-coloured brick with red brick quoins; also jambs and gauged flat brick arches (those on ground floor rising to imitate keystones) to sash windows with glazing bars in exposed moulded frames. Door of 8 fielded panels, top glazed, in rusticated surround. Doorcase has fluted Doric pilasters, frieze of triglyphs and guttae and segmental pediment. Right wing has door of 5 flat panels under cornice hood; and 1st floor window with elaborate wrought iron screen. Inside a handsome C17 ceiling with broad raised borders; and chimneypiece and panelling of similar date. Also a staircase and chimneypieces of early C18.

Listing NGR: TQ3330890796

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
201329
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].