CLARENDON COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1079527

Date first listed: 19-Mar-1951

Statutory Address: CLARENDON COTTAGE, 17, GENTLEMAN'S ROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLARENDON COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1079527 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 07:12:52.

Location

Statutory Address: CLARENDON COTTAGE, 17, GENTLEMAN'S ROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Enfield (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 32472 96791

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for:

1. 4411 GENTLEMAN'S ROW (East side) TQ 3296 7/163 19.3.51 No 17 (Clarendon Cottage) II* GV

the description shall be amended to read as follows:

C16 timber-framed hall house of two bays at core, with C17 extension at north end. Now two storeys and four-window range. Early C18 extension at rear, two storeys, with panelled rooms. Central and north bay re-fronted in brick probably during the late C17, with stuccoed parapet front. Red pantiled roof has large central stack with diagonal shafts. C18 sash windows, those on ground floor with external shutters. Door of six fielded panels, top glazed, in raised stucco surround with Gothic raised border and breakfront cornice. Two- storey extension to left with similar door in plain doorcase. Wood plaque at first floor: "Charles and Mary Lamb lived here in 1825 and 1827".

------------------------------------

1. 4411 GENTLEMAN'S ROW (East Side) No 17 TQ 3296 7/163 19.3.51. (Clarendon Cottage) II* GV

2. C17 cottage of 2 storeys, 4 windows. Red pantiled roof has large central chimney with diagonal shafts. Parapet front, now stuccoed. C18 sash windows with glazing bars, those on ground floor with external shutters. Door of 6 fielded panels, top glazed, in raised stucco surround with gothic raised border and breakfront cornice. 2-storey left extension with similar door in plain doorcase. Wood plaque at lst floor: "Charles and Mary Lamb lived here in 1825 and 1827".

Nos 1 to 33 (odd), with all mentioned walls and railings and The Coach House form a group.

Listing NGR: TQ3247296791

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 200642

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing