LEAF SCHOOLS (HARROW SCHOOL)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1079722

Date first listed: 21-Sep-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 25-May-1983

Statutory Address: LEAF SCHOOLS (HARROW SCHOOL), GROVE HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of LEAF SCHOOLS (HARROW SCHOOL)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1079722 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 21:36:06.

Location

Statutory Address: LEAF SCHOOLS (HARROW SCHOOL), GROVE HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Harrow (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 15418 87507

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GROVE HILL 1. 5016 Harrow-on-the-Hill Leaf Schools (Harrow School) (formerly listed as block set back on High Street to south-east of The Grove and known as The Leaf Schools) TQ 1587 NW 13/53 21.9.51 TQ 1587 SW 16/53

II GV

2. Scanty remains of old buildings, known as Sheridans Stables. Two small single-storey blocks under a mansard, with central carriage arch, linked at roof level. Fragments of dark red C18 brickwork rebuilt above with roof added in 1954 having 5 paired dormer windows. Modern rear with access to upper classrooms by external staircase and walkway. Stone tablet in archway inscribed: "Built in 1936 out of money bequeathed to the school by Herbert Leaf (Rendells 1867-1873)".

Listing NGR: TQ1541987508

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 202050

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing