GIRLS' PUBLIC DAY SCHOOL TRUST SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1079944

Date first listed: 12-Mar-1973

Statutory Address: GIRLS' PUBLIC DAY SCHOOL TRUST SCHOOL, WEMYSS ROAD SE3

Map

Ordnance survey map of GIRLS' PUBLIC DAY SCHOOL TRUST SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1079944 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 18:12:32.

Location

Statutory Address: GIRLS' PUBLIC DAY SCHOOL TRUST SCHOOL, WEMYSS ROAD SE3

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Lewisham (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 39735 76156

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WEMYSS ROAD SE3 1. 4424 Girls' Public Day School Trust School TQ 3976 10/262

II

2. 1879-80 by E R Robson. 2 storeys and basement, 8 windows, Queen Anne style. Fairly high pitched, hipped tiled roof disfigured by 3 wide modern dormers. Plastered coved eaves cornice. Multicoloured stock brick with red brick dressings, ie quoins, window jambs and aprons and gauged flat brick arches. White keystones. 5 steps to central double door with side lights and big rectangular fanlight with margin lights. Stone doorcase. Attached quasi-Ionic columns support entablature with high open pediment embracing cartouche with urn and cresset over. Inscription in cartouche and in tablet over frieze: "Opened by HRH Princess Louise January 17 1880. Girls Public Day School Company Limited." Cast iron hand and area railings.

Listing NGR: TQ3973576156

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 203428

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing