This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BURLINGTON HOUSE AND FLANKING WALLS OF BURLINGTON HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BURLINGTON HOUSE AND FLANKING WALLS OF BURLINGTON HOUSE

List entry Number: 1080324

Location

BURLINGTON HOUSE, THE GREEN, BEDFONT

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Hounslow

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Aug-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 21-May-1973

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 202549

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The Green is an irregular triangular shaped open space lined on the south with small houses and shops of C18 and later date and on the North by the church and a handsome late C18 house standing in its own grounds. The west side formerly had the "Black Dog" Inn, a famous posting house kept by Peter Harvey the inventor of Harvey's Sauce which later named St Stephens was pulled down few years back. A group of cottages to the north of this (RCHM Item 3) has also been demolished, as has the Vicarage.

TQ 0873 39/403 TQ 0873 39/403A

FELTHAM BEDFONT THE GREEN Burlington House. (Formerly listed as St Mary's) and Flanking walls of Burlington House (Formerly listed as Flanking walls of St Mary's).

14.8.53.

II 1791. Built for William Reed. (Date stone on garden wall). Two storeys and basement. Mansarded old orange-red tiled roof to attic. Stock brick. Five sash windows with glazing bars round-headed doorway approached by double flight of steps in window space one from right. Plain flush panelled door in plain reveals fish scaled semi-circular fanlight plain architrave consoles and cornice. Iron railings. Band to stone capped parapet and five flat topped old sash window dormers with cornices. Plain stacks. Interior no special features.

Tall projecting stock brick walls with stone caps and ball finials and walls facing Green on each side. Posts and chains in front. NMR.

The Green with its buildings and the tree planting both on the Green and in neighbouring gardens is a feature of considerable value and the whole forms a group with the Church on its North side.

Listing NGR: TQ0853173679

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 08531 73679

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1080324 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 06:52:47.

End of official listing