BRONZE STATUE OF EDWARD VI AT NORTH ENTRANCE TO WARD BLOCK OF NORTH WING AT ST THOMAS' HOSPITAL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1080372

Date first listed: 30-May-1979

Statutory Address: BRONZE STATUE OF EDWARD VI AT NORTH ENTRANCE TO WARD BLOCK OF NORTH WING AT ST THOMAS' HOSPITAL, LAMBETH PALACE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BRONZE STATUE OF EDWARD VI AT NORTH ENTRANCE TO WARD BLOCK OF NORTH WING AT ST THOMAS' HOSPITAL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1080372 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 22:06:17.

Location

Statutory Address: BRONZE STATUE OF EDWARD VI AT NORTH ENTRANCE TO WARD BLOCK OF NORTH WING AT ST THOMAS' HOSPITAL, LAMBETH PALACE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Lambeth (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 30628 79480

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LAMBETH PALACE ROAD SE1 1. (west side) 5023 Bronze statue of Edward VI at north entrance to ward block of North Wing at St Thomas' Hospital TQ 3079 2/1085 30.5.79

II*

2. 1736 by Scheemakers (Gunnis, Dictionary of British Sculptors). Figure in period dress on tall plinth with inscription telling that this statue of the founder was erected at the expense of Charles Toye Esq. Originally in the old Southwark hospital and brought to Lambeth in 1870.

Listing NGR: TQ3062879480

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 204396

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Gunnis, R, Dictionary of British Sculptors 1660-1851, (1953)

End of official listing