ST MARKS' CHURCH OF ENGLAND JUNIOR MIXED AND INFANTS SCHOOLS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1080408

Date first listed: 27-Mar-1981

Statutory Address: ST MARKS' CHURCH OF ENGLAND JUNIOR MIXED AND INFANTS SCHOOLS, HARLEYFORD ROAD SE11

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST MARKS' CHURCH OF ENGLAND JUNIOR MIXED AND INFANTS SCHOOLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1080408 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 13:00:41.

Location

Statutory Address: ST MARKS' CHURCH OF ENGLAND JUNIOR MIXED AND INFANTS SCHOOLS, HARLEYFORD ROAD SE11

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Lambeth (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 30822 77860

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HARLEYFORD ROAD SE11 1. (north side) 5023 St Marks' Church of England Junior Mixed and Infants Schools TQ 3077 7/458

II GV

2. 1824 dated on main frieze. Symmetrical group of 2-storey, 3-window centre, with entrance links to one-storey side pavilions. Stock brick. Centre block has stone first floor cill band, entablature and blocking course raised in centre and inscribed: KENNINGTON SCHOOLS. Gauged brick arches to sash window with margin lights, round on ground floor in round-arched recesses, the centre window blocked. Stucco pilaster and entablature entrance links to 2-window pedimented side pavilions. Segmental gauged brick arches to sash windows with glazing bars in segment-headed recesses. Above centre arch an oval plaque, now illegible but bearing date of 1860.

Listing NGR: TQ3082277860

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 204293

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing