THE OLD COURT HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1080796
Date first listed:
25-Jun-1983
Statutory Address:
THE OLD COURT HOUSE, HAMPTON COURT GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD COURT HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1080796.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Feb-2020 at 19:17:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD COURT HOUSE, HAMPTON COURT GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Richmond upon Thames (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 15397 68645

Details

TQ 1568 32/19 5028

HAMPTON COURT GREEN (south side) The Old Court House

II*

Early C18, altered late C18 and later. Three storeys. Brown brick with red dressings. Irregular front with most of the original covered by later additions which include a full-height canted bay in yellow brick to the left and a 3-window rectangular projection to the right of which only one bay belongs to The Old Court House (see Paper House below). Between these bays are remains of original front. The house was leased to Christopher Wren in 1708 and lived in by him until his death in 1723. Includes old fountain basin in rear garden. (R.C.H.M. Middx. Vol.)

Listing NGR: TQ1539768645

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
205356
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Inventory of the Historical Monuments of Middlesex, (1937)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/00743/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Bob Manekshaw. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].