CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1081303
Date first listed:
30-Jul-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1081303.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 07:01:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Wychavon (District Authority)
Parish:
South Littleton
National Grid Reference:
SP 07572 46237

Details

SP 7046 SOUTH LITTLETON MAIN STREET 6/31 (West Side)

30.7.59 Church of St Michael GV II*

Church C13 and C15 heavily restored 1883 by F Preedy. Blue lias stone with plain tile roofs. West tower, nave with South porch and North transept, chancel. Tower 2 stage C15 with 2-light bell openings and embattled parapet. Diagonal buttresses. Nave; small cusped C13 lancet, round arched C12 South door and 2 C15 hollow chamfer 3-light windows to South side. Timber South proch rebuilt 1883. North transept with small C13 lancets to East and West and paired cusped lancets to North. 1883 arch to nave. Chancel with renewed 3-light East window, small C18 square North window, and to South side late C13 2-light window, Tudor-arched door with 2-light Perp window adjacent hollow chamfered with carved head stops to hoodmould. Roof and chancel arch 1883. Pillar piscina C12 defaced. Head stop to South door. Norman font, circular with rosettes and band decoration. C16 bench ends, C15 or C16 panels to pulpit, some medieval tiles in North transept. East window stained galss 1903 by T F Curtis, Ward & Hughes (signed).

Listing NGR: SP0757246237

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
147662
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Apr 2006
Reference: IOE01/15431/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Harnwell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].