CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1081345
Date first listed:
30-Jul-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1081345.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Feb-2020 at 17:11:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Wychavon (District Authority)
Parish:
Cleeve Prior
National Grid Reference:
SP 08782 49324

Details

SP 0049 CLEEVE PRIOR THE GREEN 4/20

30.7.59 Church of St Andrew GV II*

Church C12 to C14 restored 1863 by E Christian. Blue lias stone. West tower, nave, chancel and small South transept added in C18. Tower mid to later C14, 3-stage with diagonal buttresses up to bell stage, 2-light cinquefoil cusped bell openings, renewed Perp style West window, original crocketted openings to 2nd stage and to small stair lights and rebuilt parapet and pinnacles. Nave with stone tiled roof; 3 EE lancets and pointed arched door to South; 2 lancets, arched door and small square window to North. Moulded tower arch. C15 arch braced collar roof. South transept rendered with small stone framed leaded lights. Chancel largely of 1863 with steep plain tile roof. Three-light East window with quatrefoil head, 2 cusped trefoil head windows, two 2-light windows with quatrefoil heads. Plain chamfered South door with hoodmould.

C14 font on older base, some C13 bench ends and fragments of C15 glass in North window. Chancel wall monument to T Bushell d.1713. East window and one chancel South window of c.1870, one chancel North window of c.1856 and one nave window early C20 signed B Warren.

Listing NGR: SP0878249324

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
147560
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 May 2002
Reference: IOE01/07195/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Harnwell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].