CHURCHYARD CROSS ABOUT 12 YARDS SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY MAGDALENE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1082939
Date first listed:
29-Jul-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD CROSS ABOUT 12 YARDS SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY MAGDALENE, CHURCH LANE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1082939.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Aug-2020 at 07:08:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD CROSS ABOUT 12 YARDS SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY MAGDALENE, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Malvern Hills (District Authority)
Parish:
Broadwas
National Grid Reference:
SO 75495 55107

Details

SO 75 NE BROADWAS CP CHURCH LANE

3/10

Churchyard cross about 12 yards south of the chancel of the Church of St Mary Magdalene

29.7.59 GV II

Churchyard cross. Probably C15, restored in 1900. Sandstone ashlar. Square base on 3 steps; base has an arched niche on its south side, which is a common local feature, and bevelled upper edges forming an octagonal top. Octagonal shaft with a bevelled square base and a moulded capital supporting the cross. The base and base of the shaft are medieval. It was restored as a war memorial with the addition of the 3 steps and a renewed cross head.

Listing NGR: SO7549555107

This List entry has been amended to add the source for War Memorials Register. This source was not used in the compilation of this List entry but is added here as a guide for further reading, 20 July 2017.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
151692
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Websites
War Memorials Register, accessed 20 July 2017 from http://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/72776

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 May 2002
Reference: IOE01/07277/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Burrows. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].