TOWN HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1083130
Date first listed:
10-Oct-1952
Statutory Address:
TOWN HALL, MARKET PLACE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1083130.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Jul-2021 at 05:26:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
TOWN HALL, MARKET PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
North Lincolnshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Brigg
National Grid Reference:
SE 99987 07204

Details

MARKET PLACE 1. 5264 (East side - island site) Town Hall SE 90 NE 1/26 10.10.52. II GV 2. Small building at road junction of 2 storeys in yellow brick and slate roof. Circa 1817. Elevation to Market Place is 3-sided, with an upper rectangular and lower round-headed window to each face, all with keystones. Modern glazing to ground floor. Reeded door case with open modillion pediment. Stucco bands between storeys and below a small brick and stucco parapet with a panel to each face. Rectangular painted wood clock turret with pilasters and cornice. Ball finial and weather vane. Side elevation of 5 windows. Modillion cornice. Doorcase with fluted side columns (restored). Triple arcade to ground floor. Bowed shop window with dentil cornice and fascia. Building in course of restoration at time of survey. Eastward extension of similar build and date to Town Hall. 2 storeys in yellow brick with roof of Welsh slate at angle, stone coped gable ends with kneelers. 3 windows, segmental arches, renewed glazing bars. Shop front with plain pilasters to entire ground floor. Town Hall and premises occupied by E Hounslow and W H Smith form a group.

Listing NGR: SE9998707204

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
165478
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Jun 2000
Reference: IOE01/00581/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Janet Tierney. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].