THE LIGHTHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1083399

Date first listed: 30-Jun-1966

Date of most recent amendment: 02-Jan-1985

Statutory Address: THE LIGHTHOUSE, LIGHTHOUSE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE LIGHTHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1083399 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 03:20:46.

Location

Statutory Address: THE LIGHTHOUSE, LIGHTHOUSE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Flamborough

National Grid Reference: TA 25431 70646

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TA 27 SE FLAMBOROUGH LIGHTHOUSE ROAD (east end, off)

7/42 The Lighthouse 30.6.66 (Formerly listed as GV II Flamborough Lighthouse)

Lighthouse. 1806 raised 1925. By John Matson of Bridlington for Trinity House. Rendered brick with stone dressings, cast and wrought- iron. Conical tower about 27 metres high from ground to balcony. High chamfered plinth, casement windows in stone surrounds with low pediments over lintels. Deep moulded cornice below cast-iron balcony with moulded newels and mushroom finials. Lantern storey with weather-vane above. Interior has basement oil store with brick dome, spiral stone stair with slender square-section balusters supporting wrought-iron handrail, central cast-iron tube, rising through full height of lighthouse, for driving-weights. Lamp carried on 6 cast-iron pillars supporting pointed arches with decoratively pierced spandrels.

Listing NGR: TA2543170646

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 166819

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing