THE OLD LIGHTHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1083400

Date first listed: 11-Jan-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 02-Jan-1985

Statutory Address: THE OLD LIGHTHOUSE, LIGHTHOUSE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD LIGHTHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1083400 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 15:51:08.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD LIGHTHOUSE, LIGHTHOUSE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Flamborough

National Grid Reference: TA 24966 70810

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TA 27 SW FLAMBOROUGH LIGHTHOUSE ROAD (north side)

7/46 The Old Lighthouse (Formerly listed as 11.1.52 Beacon Tower) - II*

Former lighthouse, 1674. Coursed chalk rubble with stone dressings; later repairs in red and light brown brick. Octagonal tower of 4 stages and brick parapet, all marked by moulded string-courses. Boarded door in pointed red brick surround; blocked door in pointed yellow brick to landward side. Rectangular windows to upper 3 stages on seaward facing cardinal sides: stone surrounds with plain chamfers to reveals, sills, and lintels. Low roof behind parapet. Interior contains C20 wooden stairs and floors. This lighthouse, established as a business venture by Sir John Clayton, was never used.

Listing NGR: TA2496670810

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 166822

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing