CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1083836
Date first listed:
14-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1083836.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 00:33:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Full Sutton
National Grid Reference:
SE 74751 55464

Details

FULL SUTTON THE GREEN SE 75 NW (north side, off) 1/30 Church of St Mary - II

Church. Medieval origins: rebuilt, using old materials 1844-5. Coursed squared rubble, slate roofs. 3-bay nave with south porch and west bellcote, 2-bay chancel with north vestry. Nave: diagonal western buttress and buttress with offsets. To east, a 2-light square-headed window with trefoil tracery; similar, 3-light, windows to bays to west. South door: pointed, with continuous broad chamfer. Pointed door with continuous mouldings under hoodmould to porch. West bellcote has 2 pointed arches, under a vesica, with stone gable. Steep pitched roof with raised coped gables. Chancel: 2- light pointed window with Decorated tracery. 3-light pointed east window with reticulated tracery. Interior: all pews of 1844-5 survive intact.

Listing NGR: SE7475155464

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
167720
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/07340/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Les Waby. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].