CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1085646

Date first listed: 30-Jan-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1085646 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Mar-2019 at 02:23:57.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Canterbury (District Authority)

Parish: Hoath

National Grid Reference: TR 20308 64190

Details

1. 5273 HOATH

Church of the Holy Cross TR 2064 34/394 30.1.67

II*

2. Built of flint and stone rubble with tile roof. Nave and lower chancel with north aisle, south porch and bell turret at the west end of the nave surmounted by a broached shingled spirelet.probably dating from 1842. Originally a Chapel of Ease to Reculver. Early English, restored in 1867 by Clark, the interior dating almost wholly from the C19. In the west gable is an inscription "Built 1303, repared 1842" south porch with stoup and early English corbel heads. Two small brasses C15 and C16. The churchyard contains some C18 skull and cherub motif headstones and an oval bodystone.

Listing NGR: TR2030864190

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 171195

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing