FORD MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1085650

Date first listed: 30-Jan-1967

Statutory Address: FORD MANOR FARMHOUSE, MILL BANK

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORD MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1085650 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 19:56:33.

Location

Statutory Address: FORD MANOR FARMHOUSE, MILL BANK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Canterbury (District Authority)

Parish: Hoath

National Grid Reference: TR 20498 65697

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5273 HOATH MILL BANK

Ford Manor Farmhouse TR 26 NW 1/390 30.1.67

II

2. This building incorporates part of the late mediaeval gatehouse of the Palace of the Archbishops of Canterbury. Most of the Palace was demolished in 1658. The existing building incorporates a wing of C15 date but was refronted in red brick in C18. Two storeys. Hipped tiled roof. Three casement windows. Modern porch. The east front has the timber-framing exposed in one place and a small two-storeyed gable projection in the centre. In the south wall is an C18 doorcase with pilasters, a pediment and door of 6 fielded panels. Behind is an C18 L-wing on the ground floor only, and beyond this a C17 red brick wall containing an archway with a pointed head. The interior contains exposed beams, inglenook fireplace and crown post roof of circa 1480.

Listing NGR: TR2049865697

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 171206

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing