OLLERENSHAW HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1088052
Date first listed:
21-Apr-1967
Statutory Address:
OLLERENSHAW HALL, ECCLES ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLLERENSHAW HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1088052 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 00:11:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
OLLERENSHAW HALL, ECCLES ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
High Peak (District Authority)
Parish:
Chapel-en-le-Frith
National Grid Reference:
SK 02584 80767

Details

SK 08 SW TOWN OF CHAPEL-EN-LE-FRITH ECCLES ROAD 3/17 (South Side) 21.4.67 Ollerenshaw Hall II

House, now converted into three dwellings. c1800, addition dated 1840. Gritstone ashlar with projecting quoins. Identically moulded gritstone architraves to all openings. Hipped slate roof, some ridges leaded. Six stone ridge and gable end stacks, with moulded fillets and cornice, segmental tops. Moulded eaves cornice. South elevation - to east, original double fronted house. Doorcase with moulded architrave. Double glazed doors. To east large tripartite window with central and margin glazing bar sashes. To west glazing bar sash, both windows with moulded architraves. Beyond, to west, 1840 addition with five window elevation, two central bays recessed. Central section has similar tripartite window with glazing bar sashes to east. To west, double glazed doors and beyond an inserted glazing bar sash. No architrave to this opening. Western section has three glazing bar sashes below. Above, across whole facade, eight glazing bar sashes, with continuous plain s ill band. Window over eastern door slightly narrower than others. Datestone to rear of central section inscribed '1840'. Interior of earlier house has fine twisted baluster dogleg staircase, with panelling underneath. Doors and undersides of arches all with beaded panelling.

Listing NGR: SK0258480767

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
81994
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/13438/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Adrian Shaw. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].