34-37, JEWRY STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1095418
Date first listed:
24-Mar-1950
Statutory Address:
34-37, JEWRY STREET

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1095418.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Jul-2020 at 00:06:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
34-37, JEWRY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
Winchester (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SU 48043 29653

Details

JEWRY STREET 1. 1833 (East Side) Nos 34 to 37 (consec) SU 4829 NW 3/144 24.3.50. II GV 2. Early C19. Greek revival. 3 storeys, 4 windows. Ground floor consists of 4 doors and 4 shop windows with original frames divided by stone Doric columns, now painted different colour. Stone entablature over columns largely masked by modern fascias and sunblinds. Upper part stucco, with Doric pilasters framing windows. Some tripartite windows, some sashes with glazing bars. No 34 has a modern shop front. Bands, parapet, roof not visible. Nos 34 to 40 (consec) form a group.

Listing NGR: SU4804729659

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
144668
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Nov 2001
Reference: IOE01/06171/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Michael J. Weatherley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].