CHURCH COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1095937
Date first listed:
05-Dec-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
19-Dec-1983
Statutory Address:
CHURCH COTTAGE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1095937.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Apr-2021 at 05:28:03.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH COTTAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
Winchester (District Authority)
Parish:
Tichborne
National Park:
SOUTH DOWNS
National Grid Reference:
SU 57024 30238

Details

SU 5730 TICHBORNE TICHBORNE

10/12 Church Cottage 5.12.55 (formerly listed as Small House GV II 170 yards E.S.E of Church)

Large cottage. 1729 in vitreous bricks, incorporating earlier building. Brick with blue headers, with some timber-framing inside service wing and timber scantling in its outshot walls, roof old plain tiles. L-shaped building, with service wing of C16 origin beside road with outshot on road side containing door under porch with hipped dormer above, and beside this gable end of C18 house has date in centre and either side blank opening, above and below blue header diamond patterns. Front 2 storey, 3 bays. C18 6-panelled door and square fanlight with crossed glazing bars and in front flat lead roofed porch with glazed upper sides and latticed front. Each side 3-light window with segmental rubbed brick arch. Raised 1st floor string course which rises up in a triangle over door. On 1st floor C18 2 and 3-light segmental casement and flush frame 4-pane sash. Gable end stacks. Inside road end room C16 moulded brick fireplace with beam above having Latin inscriptions at date 1589.

Listing NGR: SU5702430238

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
145529
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/08476/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Jennifer Rowney. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].