CHRIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1099424
Date first listed:
03-Jul-1985
Statutory Address:
CHRIST CHURCH

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHRIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1099424.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Feb-2020 at 16:36:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHRIST CHURCH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Llangarron
National Grid Reference:
SO 52656 19270

Details

SO 51 NW LLANGARRON CP LLANGROVE

5/125 Christ Church



18/5/63 II

Former parish church. 1854/6 by G F Bodley. Coursed and square sand- stone rubble, ashlar dressings, C20 tiled roof. Nave, south porch and south aisle, chancel. In the style of c1300. Four-bay nave: three windows with 2-trefoiled lights to south aisle; lean-to roof east of gabled porch. Gabled bell cote to west end. Two-bay chancel with one window of 2-trefoil headed lights and cinquefoil in roundel with hood- mould to west and 3-light window to east with trefoils and cusping to outer lights flanking central trefoil headed light with trefoil roundel above, hoodmould, central stepped buttress and diagonal buttressing to east end. Interior: nave: trussed rafter roof. Open wagon roof to chancel; south arcade: three bays, simple chamfered piers without capitals. George Frederick Bodley trained with G E Street under Sir G Gilbert Scott 1845/50. This is one of his first commissions.

Listing NGR: SO5265619270

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
153929
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00390/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Gary Were. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].