CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1100370
Date first listed:
07-Jul-1989
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, BIRMINGHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100370.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 00:28:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, BIRMINGHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Bromsgrove (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SO 96586 71483

Details

The following building shall be included:

BIRMINGHAM ROAD 5242 (East Side) SO 97 SE 5/10 CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS II GV Church. 1872-4 tower added 1888 by John Cotton. Rock faced coursed sandstone exterior, brick interior, modern clay tile roof. Nave, aisles, transepts, chancel with apsed end, north west tower, south porch, Transitional/Early English style. Windows mainly Geometrical in character, the east window with 5 lights with quatrefoils and a large septfoil in the head, this wholly renewed in 1970s. Foundation stone AD1872. Aisle and clerestorey windows are two lights and of different design on either side to give appearance of several building periods. Single transcept on south, double on north again with different windows; paired lancet with roundel above on south, 3 light Geometrical with triple quatrefoils on north. Chancel has lancet lights with cusped heads. Three stage tower with corner buttresses with offsets, paired lancet lights and balustraded and pinnacled parapet. Interior: Brick with stone arcading, with coloured bands. 5 bay nave of pointed arches with alternate cylindrical and octagonal piers. A arch braced collar roof. Original ironwork, font, pulpit, glass and altar and choir stalls. C20 choir panelling, furnishings and organ. A good church with a consistent decorative scheme designed by a local architect and worthy.

Listing NGR: SO9658671483

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
155762
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Jul 2006
Reference: IOE01/15841/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Burrows. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].