44, HIGH STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1100410
Date first listed:
02-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
44, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 44, HIGH STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100410 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jun-2019 at 00:08:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
44, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
Dacorum (District Authority)
Parish:
Kings Langley
National Grid Reference:
TL 07205 02594

Details

KINGS LANGLEY HIGH STREET TL 0702 (West side) 13/149 No. 44 - (Village House)

GV II

House. Late C17, renovated, brick cased and extended to N 1838-42 for John Kemp as a house and baker's shop. Altered 1870 to one house. Timber framed S part plastered at rear but red brick cased at front uniform with red brick N part which is of flint and brick at rear. Yellow brick rear wing at NW. Steep old red tile hipped roofs, but gabled SW wing. An irregular, 2 storeys, 4 windows wide house facing E with S part recessed and carriageway with double doors at N end. Recessed sash windows with 8/8 panes and segmental arches to 1st floor. Triple sash with plastered flat arch keystone, and apron to right of door. Canted sashed bay window to S part. Half-glazed panelled door with etched glass panel surrounded by bullions in early C19 surround with panelled pilasters, paterae and full entablature. Timber frame exposed in SW wing with unjowled posts and clasped-purlin roof with angled queen-posts and no collars. Wide panelled framing with brick nogging. Cellar under this wing and external S lateral chimney. Unusual internal sliding shutters to Yorkshire sliding casement in S wall on 1st floor. (KLLHMS report in NMR).

Listing NGR: TL0720502594

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
157680
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].